As I was reading this long list of Punch-Out! features I wasn’t sure whether to report this as news or rumor. The information comes from a site called NintendoDpad. They seem legit enough, but they don’t cite any sourcres for their information. Still, it sounds true enough and looks like Punch-Out! will provide a deeper experience than originally anticipated.
Here are some of the key features they mention:
– 3 challenges per boxer which if exacuted will reward you with unlockables
– â€œAlotâ€ of unlockables including characters, ring environments, victory animations and music, among others
– Unlike other Punch-Out games you will have the ability to use all 3 stars at once, doing so will unleash the triple star spinning uppercut. Think about it as the equal to the Dragon Punch from Street Fighter
– The challenges will be in Exhibition mode. You will have 3 bonues in each fight ranging in difficulty.
– If you lose 100 times you will earn the training helmet which makes you invulnerable
– Here is the BIGGIE, after you beat the game there is a special mode that you will unlock. Nintendo is hush hush about this secret.
If you’d like to read the entire list, click the link below: